We have nineteen months until the November 2016 Presidential Election! In order to develop a successful campaign to turn Bastrop County BLUE, and possibly elect the first female U.S. president, we need your input.
Join us at a countywide Planning Forum to be held Saturday, April 25, at the Bluebonnet Electric Coop Headquarters on Hwy 21. Although the BCDP’s Executive Committee has developed some preliminary ideas, we need your feedback to expand on them and determine best implementation strategies.
Lunch will be provided at no charge. This fast-paced, interactive event is not a fundraiser! I promise you’ll have fun!
To RSVP, click the Register button below and let us know if we can count on you.
|10:00-10:30 a.m.||Welcome/Overview of the Forum Ed Skarnulis, Chair|
|10:30-11:30 a.m.||Round 1: Each person selects his/her focus area of greatest
interest and meets at designated area to provide input and
|11:30-Noon||Round 2: Everyone moves to a different focus group, reviews
ideas posted and provides additional input.
|Noon – 1 p.m.||LUNCH The Honorable Christopher D. Duggan,
Judge, Texas District 423
|1:00-1:30 p.m.||Round 3: All participants select a new focus group, review
ideas posted and provide additional input.Note: Facilitators also switch for Rounds 3 & 4.
|1:30-2:00 p.m.||Round 4: Everyone moves on to the final focus area to review
ideas and provide additional input.
|2:00-3:00 p.m.||Dessert/Final Reports: Facilitators from each group will report
on recommendations & assigned roles for how we will:
- Let’s make some noise! Facilitators: Mary Liz Singleton/ Robin Rieck
- We See You! Track the Leg, the Gov, and local elected officials. Share issue briefs, bill information, committee hearing dates, public comment dates, etc. via BCDP, MailChimp, website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- This we Believe!! Speakers at BCDP meetings, candidate debates. Additional focus groups meetings at BCDP Headquarters or volunteer homes on priority issue areas
- Likely Voters!! Voter registration strategy toward targeted groups, e.g., women, young people, minority populations. Organize networking luncheons, find leaders among young Dems etc.
- Let’s have some fun! Facilitators: Paul Grabowski/ Caroline Sinclair
- Market Us Identify or create new materials to promote BCDP,e.g., T-shirts, caps and bumper stickers
- See Me!! Organize teams for local events in all cities, e.g. parade floats, tables at Hogeye Festival, Pine Street Market Days
- We’re the Good Guys!! Field teams to support community good works, e.g. food drives, Race for the Cure, roadway Clean up Drives.
- Let’s recruit, renew & reward our resources! Facilitators: Cindy Geisman/ Marie Drummond
- Positive Reinforcement!! Honor our own, e.g., volunteers, recurring donors, with dinner, reception or some other form of recognition.
- Show Me the Money!! Propose fundraising rallies, house parties, social events, etc. Can be in conjunction with other events, such as the volunteer recognition event, or by a team specifically tasked with seeking recurring donations, etc. The Party Treasury could be available to help candidates after the March ’16 Primary.
- Do I Hear a Motion? Recruit electable candidates for all vacancies on the 2016 election ballot.
- Let’s get moving! Facilitators: Mitzi VanSant/ Connie McMillin
- Let’s Get Organized!! Cleaning up VAN, creating an electronic system for financial records, volunteer participation, meeting minutes etc.
- Pay to Play!! (No, not Citizens United) Develop procedures for selection of delegates to the 2016 state and national conventions following TDP rules, and announce in advance. Have you been at our meetings? Did you volunteer for any of the “stuff” above, or make a financial contribution to BCDP?
- For the Common Good Recruit prospects for current Precinct Chair vacancies and develop a Job Description and Handbook.